Saturday, July 19, 2008

Words of wisdom - Pencil Parable from CSIM

I attended the CSIM convocation yesterday. Felt like I am doing the right thing. Listening abilities, are capabilities that seldom exist in independant thinkers, for I love to know what I think, than the others. May be, one can still call it listening ability, cos it is still all about listening to your inner voice, to yourself. But one must be groomed to listen to others as well. I have been lacking many opportunities to listen to imminent speakers / people I admire and respect. Now don't ask me, why am unable to admire one and all. The words I remember most from those lectures are here -

Words of wisdom, to a Pencil, before it is shut in a box. You have to remember 5 most important things, says the pancil maker, to this new pencil, before sending it into open market.
1. To get the best out of you, you must allow yourself to be held by others
2. Time and again, you will go through the painful process of sharpening
3. The most important part of you, is, what is within / inside you
4. You may make mistakes and it shall be erased / corrected, because you're a pencil & not a pen
5. You have to live through, or grow out of your mistakes and acknowledge them too

Another line of wisdom - Start small, invest less, grow fast, scale out and not sclae-up large.

No comments: