Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CRY - Right to Food; and BSNL in my life !!!

Finally on internet !! After 9 complaints at 1500, and over 20 calls to the Div Engineer, here I am successfully back to the talking world. My efforts of getting things done from one place went futile :(

While I am still recovering from the painful life, checklists don't seem to be diminishing, but it all seems to be moving !

Brain quote - That which is done has nothing to be undone, but what is right is not right to the wrong and the wrong is not wrong always !

Responsibility - I enrolled as a volunteer at CRY, who impressed me greatly post their change in outlook from Relief to Rights in their CRY. We are currently working on mobilizing and aiding people to ensure that the anganwadis scheme run by the Govt are being run properly. But the Govt is trying to privatise this effort by letting third parties into it. Please read the actual NEWS that appeared in HINDU about this. Though I am not physically mobile, I want to help this movement as much as possible by collecting people's views which will later be used as part of RTI applications / survey results.

I have been listening to mixed views. PLEASE comment on the same !!

My thoughts - When the Govt has RTI, the people still have a hold, the RTI cannot be enforced on III Parties, its just another loop hole / idea to still be corrupted. One more layer added to CNF (Corrupted Network Force)
1. May be it is also possible that a few genuine bodies may do better than the Govt. !
2. It really may not be possible for the Govt. to manage w/o proper network / infrastructure / funds.
3. It may be just fine to limit ourselves to ensure that the Govt enforces adequate rules / makes provision for direct supervision under RTI to get things going. Publishing these list of centers to interested parties periodically, may be mandated as well.

No comments: