Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Of Life - Finding a place to donate old clothes

Request on spotting a right place to donate old clothes -
Continuing the note on shopping, am changing my Wardrobe, and in the process, the first thing I did today, was to pull out the old clothes and gather them. I am looking for a place to donate them all. They are not at the state where someone cannot wear it. They're quite usable, a lot of them have been preserved well from my school days too. Please do suggest me some places where I will be able to make a relationship and donate them as well.


Life, a note for friends -
Personally, I am looking forward to celebrate MY NEW YEAR on Feb 20. To me my calendar will be reset on Feb 20, which is my targeted date for accomplishing a few personal commitments and goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leena,

just got your blog address from your mail to CRY Bannerghatta.

If you haven't donated your clothes some place yet, here are some pointers that might help-

There is a multi-purpose social complex (for abandoned children, children of sex workers, mentally challenged etc). They need cloths very often.

1) Multipurpose social complex –

U can call up Ms Annapurna - 9449392599.

She is from Multipurpose social complex which is a govt organisation for Economically/physically/mentally challenged people in kormangla.

Ask her if they can come and collect clothes.


2) Samarthanam Trust For The Disabled -

#11, Villa Suchita, 1st Cross, 17th A main,

J.P Nagar 2nd Phase, Bangalore - 560 078, India.

tel: +91 80 26592999 /26591488

You can call up and speak to Annama.

Landmark : Woodys.

Just next to woodys (between woodys and giri apartments) there is a lane. Take first right in that lane.
You will find samarthanam at ur left just few steps ahead

Hope this information proves useful.
-Prathyusha

Leena Narayanan said...

Tilu,
Thank you so much for the information. I gathered all the donatable clothes at home. Now adding some more stuff from neighbours !
The deadline for it is this week.
~ln